ONE DAY TO GO!!!!! Whooooo hoooooo. Hopefully, by now there’s very little left on your list and you are ready and raring to go. Let’s just do a quick run-down on things to do the day before your trip.
Want to read this later? Here’s the pin:
If you’ve just joined us, WELCOME! This is the 21 day Road Trip countdown- whether you’re exploring by Motorhome, RV, car or caravan, this daily countdown contains a list of all the things you need to check and organise in the 3 weeks before you go. Each day there’s a new task for you to focus on, which will break the whole process down into manageable units and ensure you don’t forget anything.
If you want to see the full list of tasks, here’s the main page: Road Trip Travel Checklist- Countdown to Departure.
(There’s an excellent chance this post contains affiliate links, meaning if you buy through them we get a small commission which allows us to keep this site going. We appreciate your support- thank you. Wandering Bird Adventures is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com/ amazon.co.uk)
Things to do the day before your trip
- Check the time of your ferry/ tunnel. Make sure to also check how far in advance you need to check in
- Confirm time of departure with family- check how long it will take to get to the port
- Empty bins. Ideally, ask a neighbour to put your bin out/ put it back so it’s not stood outside for too long
- Empty fridge and throw/ donate perishables. I WISH there was an easy way to donate food like this to the homeless/ needy. Such a waste.
- Clean out your wallet of anything you won’t need to take with you
- If going for a while, bring in outdoor furniture.
- Ensure sheds/ garages are locked
- Check and pay unpaid bills
- Reduce heating thermostat
- If necessary, set up email responder
- Download movies, podcasts, music- anything you might want when you’re away, try to download it now so you can save data
- Check washer/ drier for forgotten clothes
- Wash up all dishes- don’t leave anything in the dishwasher, EVEN if it’s clean. Tried that once- came back to a very mouldy dishwasher. Urgh 🙁
- Unplug anything you don’t want to turn on when you are away. Kettles, ovens, toasters, TVs- everything.
- Set timers for lamps if you want it to look like someone is home.
- Consider adding bleach/ baking soda to toilets to remove stagnant water smell
- If defrosting freezer, leave door ajar and put down lots of towels
Things To Do the morning of your trip!
- Check ALL doors/ windows are locked
- CHARGE- phones, ipads, cameras sat navs, drones, radios, laptops- anything electrical. Then make sure anything you are not using is switched off to conserve battery.
- Driving Licence
Pretty much anything else can be sorted out along the way!
And that’s it! That concludes our 21 day countdown for our Road Trip. I hope you enjoyed that and you found it useful. If you did- great! I’d love to hear where you go. If you think there’s anything I need to add, please let me know.
Take care and drive safely!!
Enjoying the Road Trip Travel Checklist? Want to see what comes next? Subscribe to our mailing list.
We’ll keep you up to date with our adventures and latest blog posts- no spam, no sales pitch. Just pretty pictures and some ‘Oops!’ moments.
(you can unsubscribe at any time)
Looking for essential Motorhome kit to take on your Road Trip? Check out our resources page HERE
Know someone who might find this post useful? Share it with them on social media. Want to read it later? Here’s the pin: